Saturday, December 11, 2004

[Ant Attack] Hello RetroGamer

Woo, just seen this months bumper issue of Retro Gamer and Ant Attack is in it.

Sorry to say though that's it's not quite finished yet! However, I'm just going to wrap up a couple of loose ends and upload my latest build for everyone to play with. That should be going up on Tuesday Thursday (Had a lousy couple of days involving the dentist and pain killers) so check back then.

Also hi Jean-Yves who checks out this blog now and then. He's also got a write up in Retro Gamer about Midnight/MU, this project is looking really neat and interesting. I'm going to be spending a whole bunch of time trying it out.

. o O ( Wish I still had Summer Holidays!)

4 Comments:

At 14 December 2004 at 10:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comments, yet again. It's not quite as polished as your AA remake, design and gfx not being my strongest points! :)

Last night was quite a milestone, as M/MU now also supports multi-player Doomdark's Revenge! Problem is, I never could get the hang of that map - so huge and full of forests and mountain ranges. So I am, quite literally, going to be beaten at my own game, and probably in quite some style :D

Regarding the positioning of stats in AA, how about an option to have them within the game window or within the widescreen black bands? That way, people who want the "film" experience can play as you suggest, and those who like less clutter on screen can move the stats out of the way? Just a suggestion, hope you're not offended.

Keep up the great work
Jean-Yves

 
At 14 December 2004 at 20:00, Blogger Modesty B Catt said...

Hi Jean-Yves,

No offence at all, oh and I get beaten by my own game all the time! I can certainly make the stats toggle between the two options. For the time being though I'll just go with keeping them in the black borders. I suspect it's generally just me that wants to keep those areas clear.

 
At 15 December 2004 at 11:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ant Attack remake looks great - can't wait to play it. A canny move using the original pixelly blocks instead of fancying it up. Looks aesthetically beautiful & the 1st person perspective moves you right inside Antchester. Excellent.

ThirtySomething

 
At 9 November 2005 at 22:17, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home